Tuesday, March 24, 2009

*~Amazing Dreams & Journaling My morning :)

Surrounded high above reality by light-hearted clouds of glitter and melancholy raindrop faces...i take a dive-in slow motion- and land on the softest bed of flower peddles that float up into the air and defy gravity...staying there...all at once the peddles drop...the clouds shatter, sending glitter everywhere and i am covered from head to toe...soaked by a melancholy rain...I try to stand up...but i slip...falling into an empty abyss that awaits my never ending landing...and I wake up...heart stopped, sweat covered forehead, frozen on my bed...to the sounds of rain and thunder outside my slightly cracked window...once again late for work. So i skipped my morning workout (for the fifth day in a row) and deny myself my fresh fruit smoothie...and my sons and i sit down for a lovely bowl of Kashi cereal with chopped bananas and blueberries...yummy! and we rushed to get dressed, teeth brushed and out the door...only to find out, my eight o'clock has been canceled...deep breaths, I tell myself...I drop the boys off and decide to sit in the school parking lot and journal. My boss thinks i am at a personal meeting (the one that got canceled) and I can already feel that its going to be "one of those days." Even though guilt tries its best to seep up inside of me...I cannot help but think to myself...I deserve this...I have earned the right to sit here for fifteen minutes and relieve the stresses of yesterday and this morning out in my journal...before i take it out on someone else...(in other words: I will write everything that is bothering me in my journal and when i feel i am ready to explode on someone later...i pull out my journal...and smack them with it) Don't we all wish we could do that...just once? Journaling is said to have extreme benefits(as well as blogging). It is a great outlet, and form of self-help-therapy. It is a great way to better yourself...you can always go back and find patterns within yourself. Lets say you smoke...days when your mom calls, you smoke more...you want to quit smoking? Work on those days for a couple of weeks or maybe months first. You get depressed after you kids come home from college and head back? Then find things to do to fill that first week or so after they head back to school. Things that honestly make you happy. IN fact...Journaling or blogging about those situations, quitting smoking, missing someone...can help you to work through it in its-self! Since many of us, especially with the economic times, cannot afford to have Internet at home or even a computer...keep a note book in your car, at your desk, under your bed...in the kitchen...And when you need to talk, but don't feel like burdening your loved ones with issues that you feel are minute...let it out...on your journal...if its something you don't want others to read? Shred it once you are done...keep a bag in all those places as well for all the shredded paper, and RECYCLE! Not only will you be helping yourself, but the environment too! Have a great day, and I will try to get on later!

No comments:

Post a Comment